Thursday, March 26, 2020

Trying to be Healthy

Never have I ever thought that this day would come where I start being so conscious about myself. Complacent would be the word I use for my chronic laziness. Yes, I am AWARE I'm lazy AF! 

Fun fact, or not. I used to be clinically diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism when I was a teen. Where according to Google, it is a condition that occurs when your thyroid gland is overactive and produces an abnormally high level of thyroxine, a thyroid hormone that influences several mechanisms in your body, including your heart rate, body temperature, use of fats and carbohydrates, and protein production. That means, no matter how I eat, I remain skinny! But the side effects would be forever feeling lethargic and my heartbeat would race even during sedentary leaving me breathless even by walking a short distance. I would sleep for hours and hours (I still do some days during the weekends). Anyways, I went to get treated and the rest is history. And my weight just went up and never came down ever since. 

I guess I never really felt the urge to do something about the weight, I was just being ignorant and trying to live my life. Yes, along the way I did try to diet and such without success and I thought that maybe I could live with the excess weight. From size S, I went to a size XL, like wtf?! I just let myself go like this. From BMI underweight to overweight now. Oh joy! I'm unsure what struck me actually, I just suddenly have the urge to stay fit and healthy. So I started to change my diet a little and went to the office gym during lunch hours. Honestly, I do not know what I am doing in the gym also haha. 

Well since I visit Decathlon - Singapore Lab quite often (cause bike gatherings always Kallang and is 24hours) I notice a section where there is an ActiveSG booth which allows testing of one's fitness level and such. So being curious I went and tried, the results were being sent to your email. I will spare the gory details of how fat I am now. But I am trying to make an effort to lose my body fat. Yes, fats. I learned not to get affected by the numbers on the weighing scale as I could be working out and gaining muscle mass and water retention may happen during the recovery period which will lead to the numbers on my scale to increase. Can you imagine how upset I was every morning weighing myself to realized I gain weight even though I started to exercise! I will continue to monitor and see whatever I am doing now is effective or not. 

Due to Covid-19, there isn't much activity I can do as of now since social distancing is the key to fight this virus. Staying home as much as I can. Just hope this pandemic would go away soon. Stay healthy everyone!

No comments: