Saturday, September 26, 2020

BTO Journey - Prelude

It all started when scrolling through social media and I came across the sales launch on Tengah plot. So me and Mr Ng started conversing and gotten mildly excited on the topic as the plot was going to be a new town and major development was going to happen. Reasons for paying such attention was, my house is just facing across it!

I believe it was a spur of a moment and we thought to ourselves why not we try putting down $10 and ballot for a flat in Tengah. That was in May 2019. We didn't do it in the end after much discussions with family and friends. Yes, we did put on our thinking cap after all and not get rash with our decisions. 

Another few months past, we saw new sales launch on November 2019. As Mr Ng was staying in Tampines, Tampines Green Spring caught his attention as the plot is in a very idea position surrounded by malls, transports and amenities all within reach. 
A part of me was hesitant as I have lived in the west side of Singapore all my life! However after looking at the conveniences that I could get here I was convinced and we place a $10 to ballot here. 
On 12 November 2019, I balloted for the first time in my life! Achievement unlock! So we waited, like school kids waiting anxiously for the report card. Only that we are just waiting for our balloting queue results. I would like to point out that we ballot under the Married Child Priority Scheme (MCPS) to increase our chances. Everyday I would check HDB's website to look at how many people have balloted and my heart sank further and further as each day goes by. The last I saw was that there is 14 couples to 1 unit in Green Spring! 

On 4 December, the BTO Telegram chat group that I have followed (yes, I kiasu) started to have people announcing that they have received their results. Quickly I went to check my email...

Guess internally I was already half expecting this result to happen. As remember I said the last I saw was 14 to 1 unit?...

We saw that on May 2020 there is going to be sales launch in Tampines again, we so decided to wait and try again. But who would have expected that COVID-19 would wreck havoc and changes everything that we know of. The government announce that May's BTO exercise will be postpone to August 2020 due to circuit breaker measures implemented. 

I guess that was a blessing in disguise as that would mean that there is a merge of 2 sales exercise which means that the pool of balloters will be diluted! *Rubs hands in glee* After all if you were to research, August's BTO exercise is very exciting at Woodlands, Darkota, and Pasir Ris.
We stick to our original plans and looked only at Tampines. There is 3 plots available for selections, Green Crest, Green Glade and Green Opal. 

Waited patiently for August to come, and the moment I received notification from HDB that the BTO exercise is open. Immediately started looking at the website and placed my $10 bet again!

After some agonizing wait, checking and chatting up with people in the Telegram group. They said results is out! I told myself, at least let me get a number even if it means getting a number beyond the available flats allocated. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I GOT A QUEUE NUMBER! AND IT'S 5X!

Immediately I called Mr Ng to inform him of the good news! I'm really beyond shock and excited...I message my ex classmate to inform her as I knew she also balloted for Tampines. I guess high chance we might be neighbors as we are both eyeing on the same particular plot. 

Now, we are just waiting for HDB to update us our appointment for selection and place a $2k booking fee on the unit we wanted. Current damage invested. $20. 

This is the pricing of Green Spring...lucky we dodge a bullet and did not get a unit here. So expensive! 
A friend of ours have gotten a unit here. His 4 room flat cost $400k+!!!

Well, have checked based on the level and units that we wanted. The unit we are eyeing is going to be $370k+...Hopefully we get what wanted. Understand that queue number 3x has been called for appointment somewhere in 6 October 2020...I guess we are not far behind. Now just playing the waiting game again.

No comments: