Thursday, January 2, 2014

Faulty MacBook Pro






Today I decided to check on this MacBook Pro and wonder why was it so hard to click on mousepad, found out that the battery got bloated. If you are wondering, I left this MacBook Pro battery disconnected last 2 years, which was 2012. The battery was needed for service but I just decided not to bother and left it discharged/unplugged.
Me and Momo (owner of this blog) didn't really use this MacBook and left it on table. The maximum record for this device left unmoved on table was 3 months. It was pretty bad as it was left beside with portable air condition which create lots of condensation around the surface. 

Leaving the battery unplugged does give another draw back. It will slow down your CPU up to 80%, which mean it said you only get only 20% of the processing power. Apple once said that unplug the battery will slow down the computer as this is to prevent overload on your MagSafe. They also said disconnected battery will harm your computer as all power have to draw from MagSafe.

This is also the reason why both of us didn't use. Too slow, can't watch youtube. Can't do much shit.


The only time it's in use is when the owner of this website post blog. That's it. Pretty much we can use on this laptop.


I remember during my years back, my ex girlfriend had a 2007 MacBook Pro, the battery was easy to accessible. Unlike the current MacBook, you have to unscrew and a special "Y" screw driver needed to unhook the battery out from chassis.
The common problem with 2007 MacBook Pro which is.. Overheated laptop, bricked GPU and bloated battery.

The infamous bloated battery still continue. Sadly, Apple still very silence about battery problem. You can't get this battery fix free of charge. Provided that your warranty due.
Many people complain about battery problem but Apple insist this is "consume" product.. Lol!.. I don't drink battery liquid! Who else does?
Yes I know is salty and it does burn when your body in contact with battery liquid. I was a dare devil when I was young ( I taste it. Not drink it.) but please, do not try this at home. It does give nasty surprise to your organs and may land you in A&E.

Any way, not to worry. If you're expert like me, and looking to buy battery replacement, look no longer. 

http://www.ifixit.com

Price may vary depends on your replacement products.

They also does include video or image on how to disassemble your laptop. Keep in mind that this is just education purpose. Follow very carefully and not to miss any step.

Novice looking for battery replacement? 
You can go to Apple service website. Please visits the website base on which country you are in. They will guide you along with your trouble.
Problem with their service is you got to wait and book appointment for them to call you.

2nd option:
You can try out some shop in SLS (Sim Lim Square).
Many people advise others to avoid SLS. The reason? They scam. Ok stop.

This is misunderstanding. Yes, indeed some shop does scam. Not all. And whoever advise you to go those "shop house to repair" you gonna to have a great bad time.

The percentage of scammer involved in SLS compare to Shophouses..

Shophouses: 50%
SLS: 30%

Detail base on people report to me how much they bought the item at shophouses.

You decide..



There is a trick to avoid scammer in SLS.

Check on HWZ forum. They have a thread of blacklist in SLS.

Check on Case list. People that got scammed will report to Case. Get those list at SLS Information Counter. Or website.

Think you got scammed and a victim?
Report to Case, post feedback at HWZ. Help others. Call police? I don't think they can help. You can try. 


Meow Repair Service. Closed!

No. Don't look for me anymore. I'm not Apple certified to help people repair products. I just hate meeting customer always bargain non stop and never pay for the product after their laptop got fixed and never pick up.
At least some customer still "blangjah me". Thank you for those.

What about friends?
Yes, I'll still help but please buy the replacement product yourself before looking for me. I do not have time to go 2nd round as I'm too busy working. Please understand. Thank you.

That's all for today!


Rion

No comments: