Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Finding Me Time

Have gotten a leave sometime last few weeks ago. Feeling all cope up at home with nothing in mind, I decided to head out and have some "me" time alone. I think this was a great idea as I didn't have to make any plans, just go or stop when I feel the need to. 

With no idea in mind, I decided to head to Far East Plaza. Since it was a weekday I guess there won't be much of a crowd. Maybe I just wanted to find back the feelings I had when I was a teenager, skipping schools and heading to that mall to waste time. 

Nothing much changes, the buildings the interiors still stayed relatively the same as decades ago. The only different thing is that many shops were closed and only a few shops are operating. I guess maybe not many are into physical retail shops anymore. Thankfully the chicken rice store is still around. 

Ah, beautiful memories. 

With nothing in mind, I decided to continue strolling along Orchard road. Again, not much changes except for a few shops that change hands. For example, this new Apple Store which I didn't know existed. Yes, I didn't follow the trend so please don't judge me.

While I was exploring the place, I came across this peculiar shop located in The Centrepoint looking like some laboratory. Only then I realized I came across 小红书 introducing this shop selling contact lenses at a very cheap and competitive rate.

The prices listed are taken from their website here

$8?! for a pair of colored monthly contact lens! 

Oh, they do free eye consultation and eye checks for you as well.

Brought some dailies and monthly's to try. 

I have tried on their dailies, the color payoff is not as vibrant and obvious when worn, maybe it's because of the design I choose. Comfort level i give a 5/5, didn't even feel it there plus I worn it for almost 12 hours straight ._. 


Here's the address: 


Anyway, I think it's best to make an appointment prior to visiting the shop as the eye checks might take awhile.

Hmm, after that I continued walking toward Plaza Singapura and then towards The Cathay for my dinner. Took bus 502 home. So nostalgic, felt so distant ago yet so close. 

Oh wells....Where to next?

No comments: